The 15th BBCC/JTES conference in Riga 16-18
UNESCO Chair in DU and BBCC (Baltic and Black Sea Consortium in Educational Research), the Board of the International Virtual BBCC-ISE of (the Institute of Sustainable Education), UNESCO Chair in Toronto and the Network on Reorienting Teacher Education to Address Sustainability, and the UNESCO LNC (Latvian National Commission), in cooperation with the BSRESDN announce the 15th BBCC/JTES international conference “Sustainable Development. Culture. Education: Interplay of tradition and innovation for ESD”that will take place in Riga, Latvia, on November 16-18, 2017.
The first conference, held in Daugavpils University in 2003, was started with a strong focus on reorienting teacher education to address sustainability. During its first decade, a responsibility for organizing the conference was shared among JTES Editorial board members and BBCC members from - Tallinn Pedagogical University (Estonia), Vechta University (Germany), University of Helsinki (Finland), University of Debrecen (Hungary), Anadolu University (Turkey), Daugavpils University (Latvia), UNESCO (France), Siauliai University (Lithuania) and University of Eastern Finland (Finland), Chelm (Poland), Riga (Latvia), Turkey (Konya).
15th JTES/BBCC conference will be featured by work in plenary sessions, paper sessions, workshops and poster sessions. The proposed sections entail a wide scope of research as well as practices related to sustainable development:
(1) Exploration of transdisciplinary in the context of sustainability and sustainable education;
(2) The influence of transdisciplinary on a quality development in the institutions;
(3) The development of social and culture innovations for the support of a sustainable education, teacher education, higher education and sustainable science development.
BBCC/JTES international conference “Sustainable Development. Culture. Education: Interplay of tradition and innovation for ESD” will be held for BBCC and BSRESD members with the aim to deepen the understanding and interpretation of methodology of transdisciplinary perspective and stakeholders approach for transformations to sustainability.
Expected outcome: identification of transdisciplinary issues and development strategies for social innovations creation for ESD in education, transdisciplinary research for ESD and organization of transformations to sustainability in institutions. The conference will open the forum for addressing the challenges set by SDG and GAP.
The following modes of participation are suggested:
- Presentations at the plenary sessions which are given by the keynote speakers invited by the Scientific Committee of the conference.
- Paper sessions where paper presentations are allocated 30 minutes for presentation and questions from the audience. Each paper session will have a chair person. Dissemination of handouts is highly appreciated.
- Workshops which provide training in the areas of research, methods, interventional programmers, community practices, youth and other different kinds of initiatives, etc. The length of the workshops will range between 90 and 120 minutes depending on their scale and scope.
- Posters where scientific work is presented in a graphical form. Maximum size 90 cm width by 190 cm height. In a poster presentation, at least one of the authors must be present.
The language of the conference will be English.
Please, you can also plan your participation in the other interconnected events with the 15th BBCC/JTES conference , which can support Journal authors' cooperation and learning through participation in these activities for the study of the issue of sustainability in a trans-disciplinary framework. These events we will be organized as a cooperation among UNITWIN UNESCO Chair in DU and partners from the BBCC and BSRESD networks:
(1) BBCC workshop in Daugavpils 15-16 August, 2017;
(2) BSRESDN and BBCC conference in Daugavpils 17-18 August, 2017;
(3) 15th BBCC/JTES international conference in Riga 16-18 November, 2017;
(4) Submission of the scientific articles for theJournal of Teacher Education for Sustainability and Discourse and Communication for Sustainable Education on workshop and both conferences with the focus on Sustainability in trans-disciplinary perspective.
The deadline for submitting articles are February 21, 2018. Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further information please contact email@example.com