We are proud to announce the beginning of online registration for the 11th international conference "Sustainable Development. Culture. Education" organised by Journal of Teacher Education for Sustainability (JTEFS) (http://versita.com/science/education/jtes/) and Baltic and Black sea Circle Consortium in educational research (BBCC) (www.ise-lv.eu). All those willing to participate in this educational forum, which every year aims to bring together researchers and practitioners dedicated to making the vision of United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development 2005-2014 a reality, are welcome to submit their online registration proposals on conference website http://young-mind.ru/en/reg.php Registration and abstract submission will be open till 15 January 2012.
Since its inception in 2002, the annual conference has become an internationally recognised platform for discussion and dissemination of research findings and good practice examples in the field of study and implementation of education for sustainable development in all levels of formal and non-formal education. The 11th conference is scheduled to take place on 4-7 June 2013 in Saint Petersburg (Russia). Its organisation is a collaborative endeavour of shared responsibility among Institute of Sustainable Education (ISE), Baltic and Black sea Circle Consortium in educational research (BBCC) and Saint-Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (SPSUACE).
The 11th conference will run under the topic "Educational environment: Seeking sustainable solutions". Contributions are welcome in the following sections:
- Education focused on sustainable development and needs of modern society
- Research methodology in ESD studies
- Educational environment in children's education: design, equipment, toys and teaching aids
- Innovative methods for sustainability-oriented pre-school and primary education
- Designing educational institutions for children and adults
- Teacher education for sustainability: seeking innovative methods
- Sustainability-oriented professional and adult education
- Educational environment in education of architects, designers and engineers
- Additional education in the field of architecture and urban planning
More information about the conference, including registration, guidelines for contributors, participation fees, accommodation options, etc., can be found on conference website http://young-mind.ru/en/
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Saint Petersburg among the participants of the 11th JTEFS/BBCC conference "Sustainable Development. Culture. Education".